It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:29 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:47 am 

Hi all figured as my first ever post on here would tell you all a little about my daily its a 72 bug originally a 1200 now sportin a crazy powered 1300 almost enough power to get to 65 :D got big plans for it though startin to collect parts for for major rebuild proberbly take a year to get started tho :lol: only owned it about 3 weeks got the basics a 1835 motor sat in the garage as always went about it backwards started with power but a long time before that goes in really need to sort the brakes thee terrible :lol: wish list reads as follows......disc brake conversion and heat exchangers are a must asap winter is here and im freezin ha ha any kind peeps can help would be greatly appreciated then proberbl poke it with sticks and things lyin around before startin the body it will be a lot of pokin :D :D any body around darlington fancy meetin up to poke it maybe have a ride out let me know its old cold and slow but its mine and i love it has a really weird nose at the moment sounds like its supercharged ha ha anyhoooo pics to follow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:45 am 

check your fan isnt rubbing if it sounds supercharged (sounds cool - but your fan will self distruct at somepoint if its not spinning free)

just pop the fanbelt off and spin the top pulley by hand, see if there is any rubbing that way ;-)

http://dubenhams.com/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:12 pm 

welcome cliffsbug :) get some pics up

its not the off white colour bug I've seen kicking around darlo/aycliffe is it ??

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:08 pm 

Welcome along, Im new toy his advice stuff so take it at your peril :? , however has the engine got an aftermarket air filter on it? I put one on mine and it sounded the same as what your explaining, quickly removed it and reinstaled the original oilbath filter. So ive got a brand new chrome empi air filter if anyone wants it? as its just lying around on the garage floor gathering dust.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:36 pm 

ill get that fan checked and yeah it does have a aftermarket filter on it i dont notice the noise so much any more just used to it :lol: it stops when on the throttle or at least i think it does its just noise :D yeah its the white k plate one kickin round darlo on black empi 8s its developed a few gremlins today turn the indicators on the fuel gauge goes off its all fun makes me smile every time i drive it try get some pics up tomoz night.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:46 pm 

me little toy

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:48 pm 

rust in places

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:50 pm 

rip

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:52 pm 

before the work begins :D im thinkin a custom bug kinda like the b289 cars

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:10 pm 

OK TIME FOR AN UPDATE ME THINKS :D WENT WILD ON A SHOPPING SPREE I GOT LOTS OF GOODYS LIST AS FOLLOWS..........SCAT DRAG SHIFT...MAJORITY OF THINGS NEEDED FOR CUSTOM DASH.....I POD.....QUARTER REPAIR SECTIONS...DOOR POSTS... DOOR PINS... STAINLESS BOLTS THROUGHOUT....NO WORRIES BADGES.....ALL MY PAINT MATERIALS.... EPOXY PRIMER I FIGURED IF ITS GOOD ENOUGH TO KEEP RUST OUT OF BOATS ITS GONNA BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE BUG WORKIN IN A BODY SHOP IS HANDY :D ONLY THING IS I STILL CANT DECIDE ON A COLOUR